Community Visitors Scheme
What is the Community Visitors Scheme?
The Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) is a national program funded by the Australian government that provides companionship to socially isolated people living in residential aged care homes.
A community visitor is a person who volunteers to visit and befriend a resident on a one to one basis.
Aged care residents come from a variety of different social and cultural backgrounds. By befriending an older person living in an aged care home, volunteers have a chance to make a positive difference to the resident’s life – as well as their own.
Volunteering as a community visitor can be a rewarding experience!
For more information please contact Steven Walker on 9978 4216 or email@example.com.
Mosman, North Sydney and Chatswood areas.
Aged Care Facilities in the above areas that currently participate in the Community Visitors Scheme are:
- Ashley House Lodge – Roseville
- Bupa Grand, Mosman
- Glengarry, Mosman
- Montana Aged Care Facility, Mosman
- Sirius Cove Aged Care Facility, Mosman
- The Garrison Hostel, Mosman
- Landsdowne Gardens, Neutral Bay
- Columbia Willowood Aged Care Centre, Willoughby
- Elizabeth Lodge Aged Care Facility, Willoughby
- Forest View Quality Care Centre, Chatswood
- St Pauls Aged care Facility, Northbridge