Support Worker / Aged Services Assistant
Are you a creative and energetic person interested in supporting a team that delivers high quality, targeted activities for older people, those living with a disability and their carers? This is an ideal opportunity for a new graduate or someone wanting to gain experience working in the community sector.
- Permanent Full Time
- $44,771 – $55,861 per annum plus superannuation
This role is based at our newly refurbished Seniors Centre. Its focus is making sure the Centre is welcoming, attending to customers at the front desk, data entry and general office administration duties. Our Centre operates a number of services including home delivered meals, community restaurant, social activities and support, community transport, bus outings, carer programs, and a social group for young people with disabilities. This is a busy, hands-on role.
The successful applicant will have:
- A positive attitude to supporting people with a disability, older people, those living with memory loss and their carers
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience or understanding of working in the community care sector
- Commitment to quality customer service
- Excellent computer proficiency, client databases, excel and other administrative skills
- A Class C Australian driver licence
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as take their own initiative
Please download the position description which includes selection criteria for the position. Candidates must address all selection criteria before being considered for an interview. Please quote PV-CD-16/25 in your application.
To discuss the position contact Maya Jankovic, Community Development Officer on 9978 4129 or email@example.com
Mosman Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment OpportunityAll documents put forward such as resumes and responses to selection criteria must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.