A new app-roach for Mosman Council19 June 2017
Mosman residents and visitors can now easily find a range of information about Council news, services and events as well as some popular local activities thanks to a newly launched app called MyMosman.
With more people than ever accessing its websites from mobile devices, Mosman Council developed MyMosman to combine all the most utilised features and services from its various sites and apps into one easy-to-use app.
“Developed in-house, MyMosman provides quick access to news, events, reporting, waste information, recreational activities, community consultations and much more,” Mosman Council Manager Communications Liz Bennett said.
“It’s also easy to navigate with MyMosman’s zones providing quick access to the information and services by simply tapping the icons along the bottom tab on the app.”
The app is loaded with a range of features including:
- Notifications of the latest news, events and local works alerts which can be pushed directly to a user’s phone
- Reporting functionality to enable users to notify Council of local issues with the option to include photos and location mapping
- Waste and recycling calendar reminders specific to a residential address that can prompt the user the night before a collection date
- Mapped data of seven scenic walks, including facilities and points of interest along the way
- Improved responsiveness with faster loading and navigation than Council’s full or mobile websites
- Accessibility features to assist the visually impaired.