Mosman Library Service has a great range of resources for children of all ages and reading levels.
Introduce your baby to the wonderful world of reading with our rhyme and story sessions for carers and babies 0-12 months.
- When – Every second Wednesday during the school term.
- Time – 11–11.20am and 2.30–2.50pm (two separate sessions per fortnight).
- Dates for 2017 – 1 Feb, 15 Feb, 1 Mar, 15 Mar, 29 Mar, 26 Apr, 10 May, 24 May, 7 Jun, 21 Jun, 19 July, 2 Aug, 16 Aug, 30 Aug, 13 Sep, 11 Oct, 25 Oct, 8 Nov, 22 Nov, 6 Dec
Please note – 24 May 2.30pm session only
Bright Beginnings @ Barry O’Keefe Library
It’s never too early for your baby to have their very own library card!
Bright Beginnings is a great incentive to borrow books for your baby to enjoy. Simply join up bub, borrow items on the card, and on your third visit to the library you’ll receive a free Bright Beginnings Kit filled with all sorts of goodies for you and your baby. .
Enquire at the Lending desk to receive your registration card.
Encourage a love of stories, books and libraries!
- Storytime at Barry O’Keefe Library is held during the school term
- Tuesdays at 10:30am for Toddlers (2-3 years)
- Thursdays at 10:30am for Preschoolers (3-5 years)
The Thursday Kids is a (free!) weekly after-school program for school aged children, with games, crafts, trivia competitions and heaps of other fun stuff.
Dates for 2017 –
February: Thursday Kids, 4pm, Age 5-12
- 9 Feb: Treasure Trove Party @ Library
- 16 Feb: Library Lovers’ Day
- 23 Feb: Blue Birds in a Nest
March: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 2 Mar: World Book Day
- 9 Mar: Dragon Paper Airplane
- 16 Mar: St. Patrick’s Day
- 23 Mar: Harmony Day
- 30 Mar: Tissue Paper Mosaics
April: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 6 Apr: Easter Craft
- 27 Apr: ANZAC Day
May: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 4 May: Jumbo Ties
- 11 May: Mother’s Day
- 18 May: World Turtle Day
- 25 May: Library and Information Week
June: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 1 Jun: World Environment Day
- 8 Jun: Create-A-Queen
- 15 Jun: Egg-Streme Bugs
- 22 Jun: Shark Fin Hat
- 29 Jun: Paper Rainbow Suncatchers
July: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 20 July: Cone Giraffes
- 27 July: National Tree Day
August: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 3 Aug: International Day of Friendship
- 10 August: Design Your Own Flag
- 17 Aug: National Science Week
- 24 Aug: Book Week Show
- 31 Aug: Father’s Day
September: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 7 Sep: Alien Bag
- 14 Sep: Design Your Own Superhero
- 21 Sep: Heart Penguin
October: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 12 Oct: Self Portrait
- 19 Oct: National Water Week
- 26 Oct: Halloween
November: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 2 Nov: Lady Bug Craft
- 9 Nov: Dog Mask
- 16 Nov: Paper Plate Dragon
- 23 Nov: Christmas Cards
- 30 Nov: Treasure Trove Launch Party
December: Thursday Kids, 4pm
- 7 Dec: Christmas Craft
- 14 Dec: Wishing Tree
Friday Fun @ the Library
Friday Fun is a free after school program for school children aged 9 to 12 years. On the first Friday of every month from 4-4.45pm, during the school term children take part in various fun activities.
Dates for 2017 – 3 Feb Lego, 3 March Table Top Games, 7 April Lego, 5 May Wii Games, 2 June Wii Games, 4 Aug Lego, 1 Sept Table Top Games, 3 Nov Wii Games, 1 Dec Lego
We run school holiday events and special events just for parents. Use this link to find out what is happening here at the Library.
Mosman Library Service has a great range of children’s ebooks, educational games and online encyclopaedias. You will need your library card to access these resources.
A large collection of non-fiction eBooks for primary aged children, perfect for homework and school projects.
World Book Online
World Book Online is a one stop shop for all your child’s school project needs. Log in with your Mosman Library Service membership card to discover a boundless world of learning including ebooks, encyclopaedias and interactive games and activities.
World Book eBooks
A comprehensive collection of non-fiction e-books covering a range of topics including animals, science, history, geography and the arts.
World Book Online for Kids
A general reference encyclopaedia especially for primary school kids including easy-to-read articles, multimedia, and a wealth of interactive tools, and activities.
Early World of Learning
A selection of interactive and educational games aimed at supporting your child’s learning. Your child can enjoy reading games, quizzes, videos, sing-a-longs and lots more fantastic educational activities.
The Premier’s Reading Challenge is a special initiative of the Premier of NSW, presented by the NSW Department of Education and Training, to foster a love of literature and to encourage children to read widely for leisure and for pleasure.
For more information, visit the NSW Premier's Reading Challenge