Community grants awarded to groupsPosted Wednesday 31 August 2016
Twenty seven community groups have been recognised and supported by Mosman Council through the provision of community grants for their programs and services.
The grants, totalling more than $48,000, and generally up to $2,000 each, are provided as part of Council’s 2016/17 Community Grants program that assists non-profit community groups deliver projects that meet identified community needs.
The grants have been awarded for a range of projects, including social engagement of young people to inclusion and employment training for people with disability.
The grants program is one of several important ways in which Mosman Council supports community groups, including providing assistance to establish new services and programs, advocating for Commonwealth and/or State government funding, providing community information and promotion, and assistance to the Mosman Community Connect group in facilitating communication and networking amongst local community groups.
The successful groups for 2016/17 are:
- 1st Balmoral Sea Scouts (camping equipment purchases)
- 1st Clifton Gardens Sea Scouts (rescue craft outboard motor replacement)
- Crows Nest Centre Computer Club (introduction of 3D printing)
- Ezyswim Swimming Club (automated race starting & timing system)
- Fighting Chance Australia (Avenue market program)
- Girl Guides Mosman District (refurbishment of Girl Guides hall)
- Life Education NSW (towing Life Education mobile learning centre)
- Lower North Shore Domestic Violence Network (booklet printing)
- Lower North Shore Multicultural Network (community forum)
- Middle Harbour Amateur Sailing Club (renovation of kitchen)
- Middle Harbour 16’s Skiff Club (safety equipment renewal)
- Middle Harbour Public School P & C (Memories: celebrating 100 years of Middle Harbour Public School)
- Mosman Camera Club (new website)
- Mosman Community Gardeners (increasing sustainability and impact)
- Mosman Croquet Club (quadway croquet hoops)
- Mosman High School P & C (art hanging system)
- Mosman Lawn Tennis Club (wall mount stainless steel handrail)
- Mosman Music Club (Mosman Concert series)
- Mosman Musical Society (Onwards, Upwards, Backwards Season 2016/17)
- Mosman Netball Club (kitbags, netballs and coaching course)
- Mosman Orchestra (Mosman Symphony Orchestra 2016/17)
- Mosman Public School P & C (school music program)
- Mosman RSL Sub Branch (Anzac Day Dawn service)
- Spit Swimming Club (centenary book and exhibition)
- Streetwork Incorporated (Kickstart youth mentoring program)
- Taldumande Youth Services (recreation and social engagement of young people)
- The Shepherd Centre (school readiness program)
To see more images visit Mosman Council’s Flickr page.