Distracted? See our road safety tipsPosted Wednesday 03 May 2017
Northern Sydney councils have joined forces to promote pedestrian safety in a new joint initiative urging pedestrians to remain alert and aware around roads.
The Distracted…? campaign is backed by eight councils, including Mosman, and is focussing on raising awareness of distractions caused by mobile phones.
Key safety tips include:
- Wait until all vehicles have stopped before stepping off the kerb
- Wear bright or light coloured clothing at night or when visibility is low
- Put away your phone before you cross the road
- Always use pedestrian crossings
- Pay attention to traffic lights – especially pedestrian “don’t walk” signals
For more information, visit our Road Safety page.