The GardenCare volunteer role is a new opportunity, run by the Environment and Open Space Team, to assist Council in the maintenance of public gardens and other soft landscape features. This opportunity will enrich your knowledge of gardening as you will receive guidance on plants and your activities from the Mosman Community Gardeners. It also opens an opportunity for young people to complete their Community Service Hours by pairing up with older people for gardening experience.
Your love and passion for gardening, spare time and enthusiasm to work in a team environment are the requirements for this volunteer role!
Schedule: Fortnightly or monthly basis, predominantly in the warmer months from September through to May.
Benefits to Volunteers:
- The satisfaction of making Mosman beautiful
- Learning about weeding, mulching, planting and watering plants
- Connecting with your neighbours and/or people who are gardening in the community
- Completing required community services hours
- Physical exercise and fresh air
Reporting: Team Leader Open Space and Contracts. For project information and Volunteer activities please contact 9978 4033.
If you would like to volunteer, please click here to sign up!
If you have any enquiries about becoming a volunteer, contact the Volunteers’ Office on 9978 4126 or email email@example.com.