Mosman Council’s tree app set to grow on residents24 October 2018
Mosman residents can now easily find all the information required for the management of trees via a newly launched app called Trees Mosman.
“Trees Mosman contains all tree information in one handy app and will simplify the tree permit process and better define tree-related policies while providing images and descriptions of exempt tree species,” Mosman Council’s Director Environment and Planning Craig Covich said.
“Created by Mosman Council’s tree experts, Trees Mosman offers a simplified way to submit a tree permit application, request a street tree planting, report suspicious tree work and determine tree protection zones when planning construction or development works.
“Loaded with high quality images and detailed descriptions of exempt species, a frequently asked questions page and links for tree-related information and issues it provides an easy and efficient way to manage trees.”
The app is set to not only become a one-stop tree shop for residents, it has added features to encourage contractors to download and use it and is also set to improve the administration process by streamlining back office processes which will lead to further efficiencies.
The easy-to-navigate app features a streamlined homepage with clear icons to simplify navigation through the functions and, as a primary web-based app, initial downloading will be small and the app will be relatively fast to use.
Key functionality includes:
- Tree permit applications for private and public property
- Reporting of suspicious activity to assist Council investigate and prevent unauthorised tree work
- Exempt species profiles with clear images and descriptions for easy identification
- Comprehensive FAQs for users
- Tree protection area calculator where excavation of development works have potential for impact to trees and
- Requesting a street tree to help increase Mosman’s canopy cover.
Trees Mosman can be downloaded free from the iPhone App Store and Google Play.