Council’s submission on Planning Reforms White PaperPosted Wednesday 10 July 2013
A submission outlining the main issues of concern to Mosman has been sent to the NSW Department of Planning and Infrastructure.
- Private certification and building regulation
- Changes to neighbour notification and community consultation
- Expansion of complying development and the introduction of code assessable development
- The reduction in the number of zones
- Heritage issues
- Emphasis on economic development rather than good planning outcomes
- The implications of Mosman being in the Central subregion (with 16 other councils)
This last point was the subject of a separate submission to the Department on the Draft Metropolitan Strategy for Sydney.