Recreation Needs Assessment 2014Posted Thursday 03 April 2014
Mosman Council has appointed @leisure Planners to undertake the 2014 Mosman Recreational Needs Assessment. The 2014 study will focus on outdoor recreational facilities, with the aim of assessing current and future needs of residents and visitors and providing Council with a 10 year strategy for the planning, development, improvement and maintenance of these facilities.
How Can You Get Involved?
Council is seeking information and feedback from the community on their use of facilities and recreational activities. There are a number of ways people can get involved in the project. They are:
1. Fill in one of the Online Surveys below. Now Open Until 21 April 2014
Individual and Household Survey
If you are participating as an individual or household please use this survey.
Community Organisation Survey
If you are an office holder of a Community Group or Organisation and are representing that group please use this survey.
If you complete a survey you will go in a draw to win a $200 JB Hifi gift card!
2. Participate in an Onsite Survey if you see them underway.
3. Make a written submission through the online consultation form.
4. Make a written submission to:
Recreational Needs Assessment 2014,
PO Box 211, Spit Junction 2088
5. Join the mailing list to receive information and project updates.
What we want to know
Council will be seeking input from residents, clubs, community groups, casual users and visitors over the coming weeks to understand the recreational needs of our whole community. We would like to know:
- What activities do you use open space for?
- What recreation activities would you like to do in Mosman but can’t, and why?
- What recreation facilities do you currently use in Mosman?
- What additional facilities, opportunities or improvement are required?
- What should be the priority for Council to increase participation in outdoor physical and social activity?
- How can older adults, people with a disability, children and facilities and young people’s recreation needs be better met?
What will be the outcome of the Mosman Recreational Needs Project 2014?
The Project will provide Council with a great source of information related specifically to the current and future recreation needs of the Mosman Community. This will be used to plan for and develop recreation facilities.
As an example of how these planning documents are used the previous Mosman Recreational Needs Assessment 2000 recommended a number of planning and on-ground projects in that plan have since been completed. These include:
- Provision of hard surface netball courts at Drill Hall Common
- A sporting field improvement program including floodlighting and subsurface drainage upgrades
- Development of the Marie Bashir indoor sports centre
- Development and completion of the Playgrounds improvement program
- Construction of the Mosman Skate Park
- Establishment of the Mosman Swim Centre
- Bicycle plans and pedestrian path works
- Improvements to the accessibility of facilities