Forum to combat social isolationPosted Monday 02 March 2015
The Rotary Club of Mosman Inc. and Mosman Council are putting the call out to all community groups in Mosman for their committee members to participate in a networking forum on Tuesday 10 March from 6-9pm at Mosman Art Gallery.
The purpose of the forum is to develop ideas to:
• help attract members and volunteers
• promote local organisations
• improve connections within community groups in Mosman.
Hugh Mackay, the acclaimed social researcher and author whose latest book is “The Art of Belonging” will speak at the forum on community connection and community groups followed by discussion on the following questions:
• How can we better inform and communicate with our community and each other?
• What resources do we need (including members, volunteers, financial) and what could we share with other groups?
• How can we strengthen collaboration and partnerships between community groups?
• What issues and challenges do our groups face and what action can we take to address them?
Each group attending will receive a free copy of Hugh’s book. A light supper will be available from 6pm.
Make sure your community group is represented and has an opportunity to contribute to plans for ongoing communication.
Bookings are essential by email firstname.lastname@example.org or 9978 4233.