Changes to Boat Trailer ParkingPosted Tuesday 13 September 2016
The NSW Government has made recent changes to the Impounding Act 1993 to include the Impounding Amendment (Unattended Boat Trailers) Act 2015. Mosman Council has resolved to gazette all public roads and land within the Mosman LGA as a “Declared Area”.
Key features of the amendment to the Impounding Act 1993 for the Mosman LGA are;
- All public roads and land in the Mosman LGA will be included as "Declared Areas" under the Impounding Amendment (Unattended Boat Trailers) Act 2015;
- In declared areas boat trailers must be moved at least every 28 days;
- Boat trailers must be moved at least as far as a different block section of the same street;
- Council can take impounding action against boat trailers parked for more than 28 days, regardless of whether the trailer is considered abandoned or not; and
- Council must provide notice of at least 15 days before impounding a boat trailer.
The changes to the Impounding Act 1993 (Impounding Amendment – Unattended Boat Trailers – Act 2015) come into effect from 1 October 2016.
Further information is available on NSW Government website at www.olg.nsw.gov.au or contact Council’s Traffic Section on 9978 4000.