Council awards community grantsPosted Tuesday 03 September 2019
Mosman Council has awarded grants totalling $70,000 to 25 community organisations through its 2019/20 Community Grants program.
The program assists non-profit community groups to deliver projects that make a positive impact to address social, recreational and cultural needs in the community.
The grants were awarded to recipients by Mosman Mayor Carolyn Corrigan at a special morning tea at Mosman Council on Tuesday 3 September 2019.
At the presentation Mayor Corrigan thanked recipients and noted Council’s appreciation for the invaluable work they do. “Community groups are the social fabric of our society, and these projects are all worthy in providing a diverse range of community services, sport and recreation, and culture to enrich our community life.
“By working together, we can continue to strengthen our community through programs, services and activities that meet social outcomes and facilitate wellbeing. Your projects will contribute significantly to meeting these desired outcomes,” she said.
Last year Council’s community grants funded a range of projects including domestic violence workshops, a social program for people with Parkinson’s disease, inclusion programs for people with disability, and sustainability initiatives.
The diverse range of projects that will benefit from funding through the 2019/20 program include mentoring for young people, animal assisted therapy for people in residential aged care, a website for multicultural information and resources, a sustainable garden for a local school, and upgrading equipment and facilities for various groups.
Full list of recipients for Mosman Council’s 2019/20 Community Grants:
- Raise Foundation (Mentoring program for young people)
- Mosman Croquet Club (Clubhouse awning)
- Animals for All Care (Animal assisted therapy in residential aged care)
- Bard on the Beach (Shakespearean performances at Balmoral)
- Northside Community Forum/Yourside (Transport for people with disability)
- Balmoral Sailing Club (Repairs to starter boat)
- Mosman Symphony Orchestra (Mosman Symphony Orchestra 2019-20)
- St Lukes Mosman Music Association (Youth concert)
- Mosman RSL Sub Branch (Operational manuals for commemorative events)
- Taldumande Youth Services (Recreation & Social Engagement)
- Mosman Historical Society (Digitisation of newspapers and resources)
- 1st Balmoral Sea Scouts (Trailer)
- Fighting Chance Australia (Inclusion Program at Mosman Markets)
- Mosman Community Gardeners (Wicking Beds)
- Lower North Shore Multicultural Network (Website development)
- Lower North Shore Domestic Violence Network (Women and Law booklet)
- St Clements Church (Carols at the Rotunda 2019)
- Spit Swimming Club (Plaque restoration)
- Mosman Music Club (Classical Concert Series)
- 1st Clifton Gardens Sea Scouts (Kayaks)
- Mosman Musical Society (Concert Program)
- Mosman Netball Club (Netballs)
- StreetWork (Youth early intervention program)
- Middle Harbour Primary School P & C (Sustainable garden)
- Oneland (Indigenous Cultural Exchange program)