Free e-waste drop off dayPosted Wednesday 09 September 2020
Mosman Council is holding its free biannual e-waste collection this weekend.
E-waste contains finite resources such as gold, copper and silver, as well as materials that can be environmentally toxic if they end up in landfill, such as lead and mercury.
Recycling e-waste means that these materials can instead be recovered and recycled into new products.
The collection will take computers, laptops, monitors, TVs, DVD/CD/VHS media and players, printers, small electrical appliances, mobile phones, game consoles, microwaves, light bulbs, and computer peripherals. For security, it’s recommended to wipe data from devices beforehand.
Drop off is at the Civic Centre carpark, The Crescent, Mosman, 9am-4pm, Sunday 13 September.
COVID-19 Important informationResidents are asked to adhere to the following hygiene and physical distancing measures for the drop off:
- Quarantine e-waste in the car boot for at least 24 hours prior to collection.
- Remain in the car and pop the boot or give permission for staff to manually open your boot to remove e-waste items.
- Ensure the boot only contains e-waste to avoid any confusion regarding items to be collected.
Conditions may change at short notice pending updated public health orders from the Federal and NSW Governments.
Residents are asked to advise staff of any known potential risks and not to attend if feeling unwell.
For more information on e-waste options for Mosman residents visit: mosman.nsw.gov.au/e-waste
- Light globes and tubes
- DVD/CD players
- Mobile phones
- Game consoles
- Computer peripherals (devices that plug into a computer or TV)
- Small electrical appliances
- DVDs, CDs and video tapes
- Household batteries
- Car batteries
Products Not Accepted
- Cracked or broken monitors
- Contaminated equipment
- Other hazardous waste
For security, data should be cleared from devices.
For enquiries call the Wasteline 9978 4076.