COVID-safe HalloweenPosted Thursday 22 October 2020
Some handy COVID-safe Halloween advice has been prepared for trick or treaters by NSW Health.
Halloween activities are supported by the State Government provided that levels of community transmission remain low and participants follow current rules when gathering together. Tips include:
- Keep celebrations outside and away from your front door, so get creative in decorating the front yard
- Consider hanging individually wrapped treats from the fence and avoid communal lolly bowls
- Stay 1.5 metres away from people you don’t live with, practise good hand hygiene, offer hand sanitiser at the front gate or fence and don’t share costumes or costume face masks
- To deter people knocking on your door consider putting up a sign that reads “We are home but due to COVID-19, we are distancing. Please take one, Happy Halloween”
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 over Halloween, stay home, don’t receive Halloween visitors and don’t go trick or treating. Get tested immediately.
Visit the NSW Health website for more COVID-safe tips if you plan to hand out treats or go trick or treating.