- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via www.mosman.nsw.gov.au/rapt.
- Entry is free and open to Australian residents only, aged 18 years or older who work in Mosman and complete, in full, the entry form available at www.mosman.nsw.gov.au/rapt during the promotional period. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- The promotion commences Monday 18 November 2019 at 12pm (AEST, Australian Eastern Standard Time) and closes Monday 9 December 2019 at 12.00pm (AEST, Australian Eastern Standard Time). To enter the promotion, eligible entrants must complete the entry form available at www.mosman.nsw.gov.au/rapt during the promotional period.
- To be eligible to enter the business category entrants must decorate their shopfront or shopfront windows in a Christmas-inspired theme of their choice. Entrants must enter the business name, street address, contact name and phone number. To enter the lighting or sustainable category a short description must be provided detailing what decorations have been used to qualify. The Promoter, Mosman Council and the Mosman Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to request proof of identity and identification for verification (to the Promoter’s satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing prizes. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Rapt 2019 entries containing and/or depicting illegal, sexually explicit or morally or racially offensive content will be ineligible to win. The Promoter’s decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. Entrants may enter only once for each business for the duration of the competition and the business must be located within the Mosman Local Government Area.
- The winners of the business overall, lighting and sustainable category and resident overall category will be chosen by a panel of judges which includes two representatives from Mosman Council (one being a Councillor) and a representative from the Mosman Chamber of Commerce. Judging will commence Tuesday 10 December 2019 at Mosman Council, 573 Military Road Mosman NSW 2088. Where practical, Entrant’s displays will be photographed for the Promoter, whereby they may be used to assist in judging. They will also provide a record of Entry and may be used for possible marketing opportunities. Judges decisions are final.
- All entrants that have not won the overall, lighting or sustainable place prizes and meet the entry criteria will be eligible for the Particpant’s Draw. The Draw will take place at the Mosman Chamber of Commerce Christmas Function at Mosman Art Gallery, Corner of Art Gallery Way and Myahgah Road Mosman NSW 2088 on 11 December 2018 at 5.30pm (AEST, Australian Eastern Standard Time). The Draw will be run by the Mosman Chamber of Commerce and drawn by a member from the Mosman Chamber of Commerce in the presence of invited guests.
- The winners of the business category will be announced at the Mosman Chamber of Commerce Christmas Function and contacted via email or phone. Their business name will be published on www.mosman.nsw.gov.au/rapt, and Council’s website and social networks. In the event that the prize winners cannot be contacted such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible finalists. Names of the winners (name and business name) may also be announced on the Mosman Chamber of Commerce website, Mosman Council’s website, the Rapt 2019 competition website and in the Mosman Daily. All entrants will also have their business name listed in a full half page spread advert in the Mosman Daily Thursday 19 December 2019.
- The prizes are as follows:
Overall Winner – Christmas Window Display (prize valued at $620)
- Voucher for two people for Little Trip Through Italy degustation at Ormeggio (valued at $270)
- $200 print credit for Snap Printing Neutral Bay
- $150 voucher for Hair Salon Renaissance
Best Lighting Display (prize valued at $260)
- Voucher for four people for Sparkling High Tea Experience at Boronia House (valued at $260)
Most Sustainable Display (prize valued at $350)
- $350 voucher for Ripples Chowder Bay
Participants Draw Award (prize valued at $138)
- Voucher for two people for Chefs Sharing Feast at Chiosco by Ormeggio (valued at $138)
- The total prize pool is valued at $AUD 1,318 (Recommended Retail Price including GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any unused portion of the prizes, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide alternative prizes to the same value as the original prizes or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with prizes except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prize[s] or entering into this competition. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate. Photographs may be taken at the Mosman Chamber of Commerce Christmas Function for marketing and media purposes and the Promoter has the right to use these images without seeking prior approval from entrants and prize winners. The ‘Rapt’ name and the ‘Rapt Christmas Decorating Competition’ are property of Mosman Council. All brands and trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
- The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- The Promoters are:
Mosman Municipal Council, 573 Military Road Mosman NSW 2088 A.B.N. 94 414 022 939 and
Mosman Chamber of Commerce Inc, PO Box 471, Spit Junction NSW 2088 A.B.N 42 796 709 205