Council has two categories of rates, Residential and Non Residential.
Land values are supplied to Council by the Valuer General for rating purposes. These values are revised approximately every 3 years.
Eligible pensioners may be entitled to a rate rebate. Council offers a voluntary rebate to Australian Service Veterans who do not qualify for a pensioner rate rebate. Please call Council‘s Rates Section on 9978 4140 for more specific information.
Rates can be paid in full or by installments. Installment due dates are the same each year being 31 August, 30 November, 28 February and 31 May. Rates can be paid:
- online, using the Commonwealth Bank‘s secure BPOINT facility,
- at any branch or agency of Australia Post using either cash, cheque or EFTPOS,
- via BPAY from either your savings, cheque, debit, credit card (NO SERVICE FEE WILL APPLY) or transaction account and quoting the biller code and customer reference number on your rate notice
- by telephoning 1300 276 468 using your credit card (American Express, Mastercard or Visa) and quoting the biller code and customer reference number on your rate notice
- in person at Mosman Civic Centre using EFTPOS or credit card (American Express, Mastercard or Visa)
- by setting up a direct debit with Council, which allows your rates to be automatically paid on the due date from your savings or cheque account (Direct Debit Request form can be found below).
Credit Card transactions incur a service fee. 1% by Mastercard, Visa and American Express cards.
- Address change notification form
- Application for Transfer of Shares in a Company Title Property
- Rate Payments – Direct Debit (DDR) Request from Savings/Cheque Account Form (96.5KB)
Go Paperless with Ezybill
- In an effort to reduce waste and delivery costs to Council, we’re inviting people to pay their rates through our EzyBill service.
- This convenient and sustainable service allows ratepayers to receive their rate notices electronically and pay them with ease.
- It’s a free service for ratepayers, is easy to navigate and is better for the environment.
Please click on the link below to register for delivery of your rate notice via email
How often is your land valued? How is your land valued? What is happening this year?
Please refer to NSW Government – Valuer General website.