Working at Mosman Council
Mosman Council offers a friendly and dynamic working environment with a comprehensive range of employee benefits. On this page read about the breadth of our work, our values and hear first-hand accounts from our people.
In 2019, Mosman Council was recognised as an exceptional place to work, winning the Voice Project’s Best Workplace Award. The award recognises the best workplaces with excellent management practices and a highly engaged workforce.
From the General Manager
“Mosman is an innovative and responsive Council with a wide range of projects, services and regular activities designed to make a difference and meet the needs of our local community.
Mosman staff members have spearheaded significant works across a diverse range of fields, including large-scale engineering projects, major exhibitions at Mosman Art Gallery, activities at Barry O’Keefe Library and a variety of events showcasing the annual Festival of Mosman. Mosman Council has recently set ambitious targets in response to climate change and is in the midst of preparing a climate strategy and action plan for the next five years to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Mosman Council is the sort of place where employees want to come to work and it’s because we’re keeping one eye on the proud traditions of our past and the other, on a future we’re creating for ourselves and the community we serve. A future that encourages vibrancy, connectedness and is sustainable for future generations.”
What we offer
Mosman Council offers many great benefits to its employees and many of these benefits are unique to Mosman Council, including:
- Rostered Days Off for full time staff
- Public transport travel subsidy program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health and wellbeing program
- Employee assistance program
- Paid parental leave and return to work bonus program
Learning & Development Program
- Tertiary assistance
- Attendance at conferences and seminars
- Leadership coaching
- Professional skill development
Reward & Recognition Program
- Staff/team appreciation awards
- Career development opportunities
Dedicated commitment to Environmental Sustainability
- Employees are encouraged to ‘think green’ with environmental initiatives being implemented across council as part of our PIRATES program
- Initiatives include beach clean days and sustainability seminars.
Conditions apply to Council benefits.
What we value
We pride ourselves on delivering a premium level of service to our community and it begins with how we operate with each other. We believe that it‘s not only what we do that is important, but how we do it that is even more important.
Council has adopted six values that guide the way services are delivered and help ensure Council remains progressive, accountable and responsive.
Mosman Council values are: