Working at Mosman Council
Mosman Council offers a friendly, forward-thinking working environment with a unique range of employee benefits and opportunities. On this page, read about the breadth of our work and values and view first-hand accounts from staff members about working at Mosman Council.
Recently Council was recognised as an exceptional place to work, and won the Voice Project’s Best Workplace Award for 2019. The award recognises the best workplaces with excellent management practices and a highly engaged workforce.
“Mosman is a progressive council that is innovative and responsive, with a wide range of projects, services and regular activities designed to make a difference and meet the needs of our local community.
Mosman staff members have spearheaded significant works across a diverse range of fields, including large-scale engineering projects, such as the recent extensive refurbishment of the iconic Balmoral Promenade, major exhibitions at Mosman Art Gallery, popular regular activities at Barry O’Keefe Library and technological innovations including Council’s MyMosman app.
Mosman Council is the sort of place where employees want to come to work and it’s because we’re keeping one eye on the proud traditions of our past and the other on a future we’re creating for ourselves and the community we serve. A future that encourages vibrancy, connectedness and is sustainable for future generations.”
Mosman Council offers many great benefits to its employees and many of these benefits are unique to Mosman Council, including:
- Rostered Days Off for full time staff
- Public transport travel subsidy program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health and wellbeing program
- Employee assistance program
- Paid parental leave and return to work bonus program
Learning & Development Program
- Tertiary assistance
- Attendance at conferences and seminars
- Leadership coaching
- Professional skill development
Reward & Recognition Program
- Staff/team appreciation awards
- Career development opportunities
Dedicated commitment to Environmental Sustainability
- Employees are encouraged to ‘think green’ with environmental initiatives being implemented across council as part of our PIRATES program
- Initiatives include beach clean days, item swap events and sustainability seminars.
Conditions apply to Council benefits.
We pride ourselves on delivering a premium level of service to our community and it begins with how we operate with each other. We believe that it’s not only what we do that is important, but how we do it that is even more important.
Council has adopted six values that guide the way services are delivered and help ensure Council remains progressive, accountable and responsive.
Mosman Council values are: