Free Public Wi-Fi
The best things in life are free … like our Wi-Fi.
For tourists and locals alike, having access to free Wi-Fi can make or break a day out and about. Whether you’re posting on Instagram, catching up with friends on Messenger, reading the news, or checking your email, here’s some info on our free Wi-Fi in Mosman.
Mosman Council has your free Wi-Fi needs sorted in around Mosman Square and the Civic Precinct, with a free public Wi-Fi network. The council Wi-Fi network also covers Military Road between Cowles and Mandolong Roads, Spit Road to the B1 bus stops, Myahgah Mews, the Village Green and Barry O’Keefe Library. To connect, find and join the ‘Mosman_Free_Wifi’ network using your Wi-Fi enabled phone, tablet or notebook computer.
- On your device search your wireless networks and select ‘Mosman_Free_Wifi’
- A landing page will then load and you are ready to begin surfing the internet courtesy of Mosman Council
- Enjoy getting things done online while out and about around the Mosman Civic Precinct, all without using your own data allowance!
The current coverage area provides free public Wi-Fi in the following areas:
- Mosman Square and Myahgah Mews
- Mosman Village Green
- Sections of Myahgah Rd and the Crescent adjacent to the Village Green and Mosman Square car park and Art Gallery
- Outside Mosman Art Gallery and Community Centre and the walkway between the Art Gallery and Mosman Square
- Barry O’Keefe Library and Library Walk (outside Barry O’Keefe Library)
- Mosman Square car parks and the walkway between Mosman Civic Centre and Library
- Military Road between Cowles Road and Mandolong Road
- Sections of Spit Road between the Spit Junction intersection and the north and southbound B1 bus stops.
Free Wi-Fi provided by Mosman Library Service is also available in Barry O’Keefe Library to visitors using their own Wi-Fi-enabled device. Library members can also book a library computer. For more information on these additional services please visit mosman.nsw.gov.au/library
Users have a download limit of 512MB and a time limit of 1 hour in a day (24 hours from midnight). Once this limit is reached users will need to wait until after midnight when limits are reset before reconnecting to this service.
The free Wi-Fi service is provided for general use and is not intended to be used for business purposes. Council may choose to limit downloads and connection times and use content filtering systems as a part of this service. For full terms and conditions please read below.
Terms and Conditions
- This Wi-Fi service is provided by Infrastructure Logic Pty Ltd (“OneWiFi”, hereaftrer) ACN 159 004 065 (“we, us, our”) on behalf of Mosman Council ABN 94 414 022 939 (“Council”)
- This service is normally offered between 6am and 2am the following day, 7 days a week.
- This Wi-Fi service is provided in selected areas within the Mosman Business District only. The service is accessible at street level however no guarantees are provided as to coverage inside shops and premises.
- This Wi-Fi service is for casual use by residents and visitors (“you, your”). It is not for use by business operators as a substitute for their own day-to- day retail business or office needs.
- OneWiFi may record information about your access, usage and device, to the extent permitted or required by law. OneWiFi is required by law to release information to the appropriate Government agencies under its Data Retention obligations (please refer to ag.gov.au/dataretention).
- Limits on your length of use or amount of data downloaded may be enforced, and is subject to “Fair Use”, meaning we can withhold or limit service to you at any time without cause. We recommend a daily data usage limit of 250 MB.
- The Wi-Fi service does not provide unrestricted access to the Internet. Certain services like BitTorrent and others may be limited or unavailable to you.
- You may not use this service to download or upload any illegal or obscene material, nor for any illegal or malicious purpose, nor to interfere with any other user of this service. The Wi-Fi service may be monitored for illegal or obscene activities.
- The Wi-Fi service is NOT encrypted or protected. You are responsible for your own security and protection of your data and of your device. OneWiFi and Council do not guarantee confidentiality of any information transmitted via our network, nor of freedom from viruses or other malware. All transmissions may be monitored or stored.
- OneWiFi and Council are not liable for any loss or damage directly or indirectly from the use of the Wi-Fi service.
- Location Information may be used and disclosed by OneWiFi to Council movement of your Mobile Device around the Mosman Civic precinct on an aggregated and anonymous basis.
- By signing your Mobile Device up to the service, you consent to your Location Information being collected, used and disclosed in this manner and to OneWiFi’s use of technology to connect to the service to determine the geographical location of the Mobile Device.
- You understand that OneWiFi and Mosman Council retain the right to limit or withhold your access to this service if you are found to be in breach of the above terms and conditions.
- The OneWiFi Helpdesk is available between 8am-6pm AEST, 7 days a week. The service can be reached on 1300 161 344.
- Alternatively you can contact OneWiFi via email: email@example.com