Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Frequently Asked Questions

What venues are available in Mosman?

This website lists indoor and outdoor properties owned and operated by Mosman Council. You can book these venues through Mosman Council.

For Council owned properties operated by licensees and other properties and venues in Mosman, please see our page Other venues in Mosman. This page is not a definitive list of venues in Mosman. You could also search our Community Directory or the Yellow Pages.

Do I need to make a booking?

For a legal ceremony such as a Wedding/Naming or Christening or a Corporate Function you must make a booking and hold a permit, for organised events such as a family picnic of more than 50 people, bookings are essential.

Events of more than 250 people are designated a Special Event, and an Application to Conduct a Special Event is required. Please see information on Special Event Management.

How much does it cost?

Please view the forms that relate to your Event hire.

For example, if you’re having a corporate function with a marquee, you should check the Application for use of Council‘s Reserves for corporate functions and Application to Erect a Marquee on Council Controlled Land.

Can I put up a marquee?

Yes, but only in designated locations. There is also a fee associated with marquees.

Can I have a jumping castle for a children’s event? What’s an ‘amusement device’?

Jumping castles and other installations are designated Amusement Devices and you should check the Application to erect an Amusement Device on Council Controlled Land.

Other examples of Amusement Devices include merry go round swings, human foosball, and laughing clowns. Hiring a clown or face painter does not constitute an amusement device.

Is alcohol permitted?

It depends on the venue. Consumption of alcohol is permitted under certain conditions in most areas and must be consumed in a responsible manner, but at some locations alcohol is not permitted under any circumstances.

What about rubbish and other waste?

All rubbish must be placed in the bins provided. For organised events, additional bins must be booked and paid for – see forms for costs.

Where can I park? What about deliveries?

Council has many Pay and Display car parks attached to our reserves for your convenience. For the fees, please see the Pricing Policy.

However, if you‘re hosting an event and require access for a marquee or amusement device, the delivery and collection this must be pre-booked with the Venue Coordinator at the time of the booking. Council does not permit vehicles on Council reserves without written permission from Council’s Venue Coordinator.

Can I have music at my function?

Amplified music is not permitted in Council reserves – this includes CD players and portable music devices.

Can I put up decorations?

You can, but under no circumstances can decorations be affixed or attached to trees.

It looks like it will rain. Is there a wet weather line?

For wet weather enquiries call the Oval Management Hotline on 9978 4136.

If your booking is outdoors and you want an alternate venue in case of bad weather, please see our indoor venues available for hire. All indoor venues must be pre-booked.

Who can I contact on the day of my function?

For out-of-hours enquiries about use on the day, contact Mosman Council’s Rangers.

I am organising a children’s event. Are there any special requirements?

Yes. Hirers of Mosman community and recreation facilities and sporting ovals for the purposes of conducting activities for children are bound by NSW Child Protection Legislation.

Clubs and service providers are required to undertake Working With Children Checks and implement Prohibited Employment Declarations for all persons working directly with children.

Further information regarding your obligations can be found on the following web sites:

I want to make a booking. What next?

Please note the specific requirements and fees on the relevant forms. Then contact Council‘s Venue Coordinator to check availability.

Last updated Tuesday 6 July 2021
Last updated Tuesday 6 July 2021