Data Breach Notification
Mandatory Notification of Data Breach (MNDB) Scheme
Mosman Council is required to comply with the mandatory notification provisions under Part 6A of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
Under the MNDB Scheme Council has an obligation to:
- immediately make all reasonable efforts to contain a data breach
- undertake an assessment within 30 days where there are reasonable grounds to suspect there may have been an eligible data breach
- during the assessment period, make all reasonable attempts to mitigate the harm done by the suspected breach
- decide whether a breach is an eligible data breach or there are reasonable grounds to believe the breach is an eligible data breach
- notify the Privacy Commissioner and affected individuals of the eligible data breach using the Data Breach Notification to the Privacy Commissioner form
- comply with other data management requirements
Mosman Council Data Breach Policy
This policy outlines Mosman Council’s approach to complying with the Mandatory Notification of Data Breach (MNDB) Scheme, the roles and responsibilities for reporting data breaches and strategies for containing, assessing and managing eligible data breaches.
Further information and resources on the MNDB Scheme is available via the Information and Privacy Commission’s IPC's dedicated webpage.
Council's Data Breach Policy can be found on the Key Corporate Documents webpage.
Mosman Council Public Notification Register
This page provides details of the public notification of an eligible data breach under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
A public notification is provided when it is not reasonably practicable to notify any or all of the individuals affected by the breach directly.
A list of all public notifications made by Mosman Council and the Mosman Council Register of Public Notifications is found below. Mosman Council will retain notifications in the register for a period of 12 months.
Links to Public Notifications
There are no public notifications at this time.
Register of Public Notifications
There have been no notifications made in the previous 12-months.