Mosman Design Awards
The Mosman Design Awards allow Council to recognise and celebrate outstanding contributions to the built environment and provides architects, builders and owners an opportunity to exhibit their achievements within the Mosman Local Government Area.
The much-anticipated Mosman Design Awards presentation evening was held at the Mosman Art Gallery on 29 April 2019. Attended by the Mayor Carolyn Corrigan, Mosman’s Councillors, and the architects and owners who submitted nominations, the evening was once again a success.Award winners included:
- Overall Winner – Almora House by Tonkin Zulaikha Greer Architects
- Winner New Dwelling – Balmoral House by CHROFI
- Winner Alterations and Additions – Clanalpine House by McNally Architects
- Highly Commended – Tamaras House by Marston Architects
- People’s Choice Award – Clanalpine House by McNally Architects
The next Mosman Design Awards will be held in 2021. Please call the Urban Planning team on 9978 4154 for more information.
The Mosman Design Awards presentation evening once again was a big hit with the nominating architects, owners and judges that attended the event on 6 March 2017 at the Mosman Art Gallery.Award winners included:
- 44 Hopetoun Avenue by Rolf Ockert Architect – Winner of Contribution to the Built Environment
- 37 Kardinia Road by Robert Weir – Winner for Alterations and Additions To A Residential Property
- 73 Bay Street by Adam Hampton – Winner People’s Choice Award
The 2015 Mosman Design Awards Presentation Evening was held on Monday 30 March 2015 where the winning properties were announced and presented with awards.Top: 36 Plunkett Road by Clinton Murray and Polly Harbison. Bottom: 3 Prince Albert by Tanner Kibble Denton Architects. Award winners included:
- 36 Plunkett Road, designed by Clinton Murray and Polly Harbison – Winner of Contribution to the Built Environment
- 3 Prince Albert Street, designed by Tanner Kibble Denton Architects – Winner Heritage Conservation
- 16 Mosman Street, designed by Ian Moore Architects – Winner Alterations and Additions
- 100 Glover Street, designed by PCA Architects and developed by Helm Properties – Winner Multi Dwelling Development
- Mosman Preparatory School and the Greenwall Company – Winner Community Renewal
- 13 Thompson Street designed by Prue Murdoch – Winner People’s Choice Award
A record number of nominations were received for these awards. View the winners and commended properties at the 2009 awards website.