Mosman Library Service has a great range of resources for children of all ages and reading levels.
All Babytimes and Pre-schoolers Storytimes are held during School Terms Only
A lap sit rhyme and story session for babies aged 0–2 years.
- When – Every second Wednesday (during the school terms).
- Time – 11–11.20am and 2.30–2.50pm (two separate sessions per fortnight).
- Dates for 2019 – 13 Mar, 27 Mar, 10 Apr, 1 May, 15 May, 29 May, 12 Jun , 26 Jun, 24 July, 7 Aug, 21 Aug, 4 Sep, 18 Sep, 16 Oct, 30 Oct, 13 Nov, 27 Nov, 11 Dec.
Bright Beginnings @ Barry O’Keefe Library
It’s never too early for your baby to have their very own library card!
Bright Beginnings is a great incentive to borrow books for your baby to enjoy. Simply join up bub, borrow items on the card, and on your third visit to the library you’ll receive a free Bright Beginnings Kit filled with all sorts of goodies for you and your baby. .
Enquire at the Lending desk to receive your registration card.
Encourage a love of stories, books and libraries!
A rhyme, singing and story reading session for toddlers and preschool children aged 2–5 years.
- Storytime at Barry O’Keefe Library is held during the school term
- Tuesdays at 10:30am for Toddlers (2-3 years)
- Thursdays at 10:30am for Preschoolers (3-5 years)
Junior Tuesday Lego Club
A Lego Club program for children aged 5 – 8 years.
Date: Last Tuesday of every month (26 Mar, 30 Apr, 28 May, 25 Jun, 30 Jul, 27 Aug, 24 Sep, 29 Oct, 26 Nov.)
A program for school children aged 5–12 years old focusing on art and craft.
Dates for 2019 –
- 14 Mar: St Patrick’s Day
- 21 Mar: Harmony Day
- 28 Mar: Foil Sculpture
- 4 Apr: Pablo Picasso Portraits
- 11 Apr: Easter Craft
- 2 May: Modelling Clay
- 9 May: Mother’s Day
- 16 May: Sculpture
- 23 May: Egg Carton Turtles
- 30 May: Library and Information Week
- 6 Jun: World Environment Day
- 13 Jun: Queen’s Birthday
- 20 Jun: Metallic Oil Pastel Drawing
- 27 Jun: Scratch Design Shapes
- 4 Jul: Plaster Bandage
- 25 Jul: National Tree Day
- 1 Aug: International Day of Friendship
- 8 Aug: Watercolour Shape Town
- 15 Aug: National Science Week
- 22 Aug: Book Week
- 29 Aug: Father’s Day
- 5 Sep: Clay Animals
- 12 Sep: Tree of Life Painting
- 19 Sep: Watercolour Pencils
- 26 Sep: Scratch Masks
- 17 Oct: Oil Pastel Drawing
- 24 Oct: National Water Week
- 31 Oct: Halloween
- 7 Nov: Paper Lanterns
- 14 Nov: Painting to Music
- 21 Nov: Christmas Card
- 28 Nov: Treasure Trove Launch Party
- 5 Dec: Christmas Ornaments
- 12 Dec: Firework Craft
Tuesday Lego Club
Choose from a variety of Lego sets and work together with friends as a team, or construct your own masterpiece.
For ages 9-12 years.
Date: First Tuesday of every month (2 Apr, 7 May, 4 Jun, 2 Jul, 6 Aug, 3 Sep, 5 Nov, 3 Dec)
For more School Holiday and Special Events. See the Autumn school holiday events here.
Autumn school holiday events
- 15 Apr 9:30am, ages 9-12: Let’s Sumo To book Click Here
- 16 Apr 10am, ages 5-8: We Do Lego To book Click Here
- 17 Apr 9:30am, ages 9-12: Robotic Mindstorms EV3 To book Click Here
- 18 Apr 9:30am, ages 13 – 15: Robot C To book Click Here
- 18 Apr 10:30am, ages 5-12: Easter Chicks To book Click Here
- 23 Apr 10am, ages 9-12: LEGO Mindstorms EV3 To book Click Here
- 24 Apr 10am, ages 9-12: Robotic Mindstorms EV3 To book Click Here
Use this link to find out what is happening here at the Library.
Saturday 23 March 2019
Harmony Day is a day to celebrate Australian multiculturalism, join local writer Anne Donnelly for this special storytime celebration. Anne will be reading her book Ori the Octopus, a story about friendship, helping others and teamwork..
Mosman Library Service has a great range of children’s eBooks, educational games and online encyclopaedias. You will need your library card to access these resources.
Log into Ziptales with your Mosman Library Service membership card to enjoy more than 500 interactive stories with voice-overs, animations, games, quizzes and more to help make reading FUN! (Requires uppercase X)
A large collection of non-fiction eBooks for primary aged children, perfect for homework and school projects. (Requires uppercase X)
World Book Online
World Book Online is a one stop shop for all your child’s school project needs. Log in with your Mosman Library Service membership card to discover a boundless world of learning including eBooks, encyclopaedias and interactive games and activities.
World Book eBooks
A comprehensive collection of non-fiction e-books covering a range of topics including animals, science, history, geography and the arts.
World Book Online for Kids
is a general reference encyclopaedia especially for primary school kids including easy-to-read articles, multimedia, and a wealth of interactive tools, and activities.
Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos
is a dedicated Spanish-language database containing videos, compare-and-contrast features, selected articles, and a visual dictionary to allow ESL students and Spanish-learners the chance to learn. Integrated with World Book Kids for parallel English-language content.
Early World of Learning
A selection of interactive and educational games aimed at supporting your child’s learning. Your child can enjoy reading games, quizzes, videos, sing-a-longs and lots more fantastic educational activities.
Timelines gives students the opportunity to visualize and explore important events from the past and explore unique timelines that span the arts, science and technology, society and culture, sports, world history and geography. Build a timeline or create your very own personalized timeline with events from your past.
The Premier’s Reading Challenge is a special initiative of the Premier of NSW, presented by the NSW Department of Education and Training, to foster a love of literature and to encourage children to read widely for leisure and for pleasure.
For more information, visit the NSW Premier's Reading Challenge