Bushcare is an environmental program supported by Mosman Council that encourages the community to participate in the protection and restoration of remnant urban bushland.
Mosman has approximately 39 hectares of bushland that provides a wide variety of habitat for native wildlife.
If you’d like to volunteer, no experience is necessary, just enthusiasm and an interest in the preservation of our unique natural heritage. The amount of time you give is up to you – volunteers can be flexible with their participation in the program.
If you are interested in becoming a Bushcare volunteer click here to sign up!
For more information about volunteering, contact the Volunteers’ Office on 9978 4126 or email email@example.com.
Any questions on the Bushcare program, please contact Mosman Bushcare on 02 9978 4038 or by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mosman Council supports the Bushcare program by providing:
- A fully qualified supervisor to work with volunteers, to train them in bushland regeneration techniques and weed and native plant identification.
- Site planing and technical advice.
- All tools and gloves.
- Native plants propagated from local seed.
- Green waste removal.
- Extra site support that may be needed.
- Various activities throughout the year such as training and excursions.
- A quarterly newsletter with the latest information on Mosman Council’s Bushcare Program.
Mosman Council also supports an ‘Individual’ Bushcare program where residents that live immediately next to bushland can work on Council land. The Bushcare Officer will write a site assessment plan for your site, periodically check up on you and provide assistance such as plants and materials that you may need.If you and your neighbours would like to start your own Bushcare group, Council is here to help you. You will need at least 6 willing and able people and an area where you would all like to work.
Keep informed of the latest environmental news and activities in Mosman and surrounds by following Living Mosman on Facebook .