Applications are now open for Council’s 2020/21 Community Grants Program.
To recognise the importance of community-based organisations, acknowledge the significant contribution they make to the Mosman community and to assist organisations in their endeavours, Mosman Council makes funds available annually through its Community Grants Program.The objectives of the Community Grants Program include:
- Assisting community organisations to provide key services to the community that supplement community and cultural service provision in Mosman
- Recognising and encouraging the participation and efforts of the community in the development of projects and activities that benefit the Mosman community
The grants generally do not exceed $4,000.
To be eligible for a Grant, groups and projects must meet the criteria set out in Council’s Community Grants and Assistance Policy and Community Grants guidelines.
Organisations that have received grants in previous years must have submitted their Evaluation Report and acquittal of those grants before they will be eligible and may only apply for one grant in a year.
How to apply?
Complete the Community Grants application form.
Applications close on Wednesday 5 August 2020. For enquiries call 9978 4257.
Grant Writing Workshop – Are You Grant Ready?
Wednesday 15 July, 6.30 – 8.30pm
Join Jenny Holliday from Non Profit Training, for this practical online 2 hour grant writing workshop. Bring your project ideas and gain valuable skills to confidently apply for grants from government and non-government funding sources, including Council. Key highlights include:
- Developing a framework from which your organisation will be ready to apply for grants
- Formulating a project plan that aligns with community needs and responds to the funder’s key objectives
- Workshop your grant project ideas to ensure they are Grant Ready
This event is free for community groups of Mosman and will be held online via Zoom. Book now.
Community Groups Resources
Council has created a number of infographic resources to support community groups and supplement learning from recent Community Groups Workshops. Community Groups are encouraged to use these infographics as guides to support their organisational development, with information on the topics of Grant Writing, Presenting, Digital Communication, Online Content Creation, Social Media and Fundraising.