To recognise the importance of community-based organisations, acknowledge the significant contribution they make to the Mosman community and to assist organisations in their endeavours, Mosman Council makes funds available annually through its Community Grants Program.
The objectives of the Community Grants Program include:
- Assisting community organisations to provide key services to the community that supplement community and cultural service provision in Mosman
- Recognising and encouraging the participation and efforts of the community in the development of projects and activities that benefit the Mosman community
The grants generally do not exceed $4,000.
To be eligible for a Grant, groups and projects must meet the criteria set out in Council’s Community Grants and Assistance Policy and Community Grants guidelines.
Council’s Community Grants Program 2020/21 has closed.
Community Grants 2020/21
Twenty-three community groups received recognition and support for their programs through the approval of community grants for 2020/21. Totalling almost $70,000, the grants assist non-profit community groups deliver projects that meet identified community needs.
The successful groups for 2020/21 are:
- Raise Foundation (Mentoring Program)
- Mosman Symphony Orchestra Inc (Mosman Symphony Orchestra 2020/21)
- Mosman Camera Club Inc (Photography Training Workshops)
- Lifeline Northern Beaches Inc (Counselling and Support Groups)
- Lower North Shore Child and Family Interagency, Relationships Australia (Parenting Workshops)
- Mosman Netball Club Inc (Equipment)
- Mosman Musical Society Inc (Performance Program 2020/21)
- Mosman Croquet Club (Player Pathway to Excellence Program)
- Fighting Chance Ltd (Avenue Markets Program)
- Zero Emissions Sydney North (Mosman Sustainable Living Project)
- Spit Swimming Club Inc (Photos, Trophy and Plaque Restoration)
- 1st Clifton Gardens Sea Scouts (Catering and Other Equipment)
- Balmoral Sailing Club (Upgrade Race Management Equipment)
- Mosman Music Club (Classical Concert Series 2019/20)
- Mosman Community Gardeners (Garden Bed Replacement)
- St Vincent de Paul Society NSW, Sydney Harbour North Conference (COVID-19 Wellness Pack Project)
- Dance for Parkinsons (Dance Program 2020/21)
- Streetwork Australia Ltd (PRIDE Early Intervention Program)
- Taldumande Youth Services(Recreation and Social Engagement)
- Lower North Shore Multicultural Network, Sydney Multicultural Community Services (Video Training for Multicultural Services)
- Lower North Shore Domestic Violence Network, Relationships Australia (My Safety Kit Handbook)
- Mosman Physical Culture Club Inc (School Holiday Workshops)
- Mosman Parks and Bushland Association (Website Upgrade and Training)
Community Groups Resources
Council has created a number of infographic resources to support community groups and supplement learning from recent Community Groups Workshops. Community Groups are encouraged to use these infographics as guides to support their organisational development, with information on the topics of Grant Writing, Presenting, Digital Communication, Online Content Creation, Social Media and Fundraising.