A quality art and craft market located in the heart of one of Sydney‘s finest shopping precincts! Over 130 art and craft stalls, with gourmet food, ambient music and a lively atmosphere.
First Saturday of Each Month
The Mosman Market is held on the first Saturday of the month from 8am to 3pm on the Mosman Square & Village Green, Spit Junction (map (56.5KB)). This is an ALL weather market.
There is no January Market. There are a series of Night Markets during the year - EasterFeast Night Market, WinterFeast Night Market, OctoberFeast Night Market and Christmas Night Market (held in December).
Thursday Night Markets 2022
- 28 July – WinterFeast Night Market – 4.30– 9pm
- 20 October – OctoberFeast Night Market – 4.30–9pm
- 8 December – Christmas Night Market – 4.30–9pm
Upcoming Saturday dates for 2022
- 7 May
- 4 June
- 2 July
- 6 August
- 3 September
- 1 October
- 5 November
- 3 December
Click here to see a list of our stallholders in the virtual market.
- Mosman Market Stallholder Application Form
- Mosman Market Guidelines for Stallholders (86.4KB)
- Temporary Food Premises Notification Form
Priority will be given to quality home produced, hand crafted goods made in Mosman and surrounding regions. Suitable, good quality Fair Trade Market products, which are certified, labelled & supported by the Fair Trade Association of Australia & New Zealand, or the International Federation for Alternative Trade, may be accepted for sale at the Market.
- An application form must be completed along with photographs of your products that would be for sale.
- Previous stall holders who only wish to do specific months need to contact 9978 4178 or email MosmanMarket@mosman.nsw.gov.au to check for availability before sending through market payment form.
- All stall holders must hold a public liability insurance policy for not less than $10 million. A certified copy of the current policy statement issued by the insurer Australian Prudential Regulation Authority approved), or a certificate of currency must be provided to Council in order to assess an application. Email to MosmanMarket@mosman.nsw.gov.au
- All Prepared Takeaway Food Stalls must supply a copy of their Business Identification Number with their application.
- Cost is $94 (incl. GST) for General Art & Craft Stalls and $153 (incl. GST) for Prepared Takeaway Food Stalls per space per month. This is payable only after your application has been processed and a confirmation letter received.
- Stall size: a stall space of approximately 2.4m x 2.4m is allocated for Art & Craft stalls only.
- Stall size: a stall space of approximately 3m x 3m is allocated for Food stalls requiring electricity only.
- Equipment: Stall holders are required to provide their own furniture and equipment.
- Info line: phone (02) 9978 4178 or fax (02) 9978 4299 (payment form only).
- Email: MosmanMarket@mosman.nsw.gov.au
How do I apply for a stall at the Mosman Market?To apply for the Mosman Market, an application form must be filled out, and a copy of a public liability certificate of currency must be attached to your application. Photographs or samples of the product/s you are wishing to sell at the Market need to accompany this information. Please do not attach the payment form until your application has been approved.
Is it compulsory to have public liability insurance for the Market?
All stall holders must have a public liability insurance certificate of currency for a cover of no less than $10 million, which must be approved by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). The APRA website is located at www.apra.gov.au. It is your responsibility to check if your insurer is APRA approved. If you need further information regarding public liability insurance, you may leave your details on the Market line (02) 9978 4178.
How do I know if the product I wish to sell is suitable for the Market?
Priority will be given to home produced, hand crafted goods made in Mosman and surrounding regions. Suitable, good quality Fair Trade Market products, which are certified, labelled & supported by the Fair Trade Association of Australia & New Zealand (FTAANZ), or the International Federation of Alternative Trade (IFAT), may be accepted for sale at the Market. Preference will be given to local residents, and interesting Market products, as some products may already be represented at the Market.
How much does it cost to rent a Market site?
Stall fees are $94 (including GST) for General Art & Craft Stalls, and $153 (including GST) for Prepared Take Away Food Stalls (requiring power), per stall space per month. Fees are payable only if you have been accepted into the Market, and contacted by Council staff. Please note, cashiers are only responsible for emailing receipts. No correspondence is to be entered into with cashiers. All enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
How will I know if I have been accepted into the Mosman Market?
Council staff will contact you if there is a space available at the Market. Please note that staff may not be able to return numerous enquiries regarding your application status, due to administrative constraints.
When is the Mosman Market held?
The Market is held on the first Saturday of each month. There is no January Market. Additionally there is a Christmas Night Market held in December.
What happens if it‘s raining?
The markets are all weather markets – however if there is dangerous weather ie gale force winds, we reserve the right to cancel the markets on the morning of the market day only. Stall holders need to be present on the day for fees to be transferred to the next market.
If I cannot attend a Market that I have paid for, can I get a refund or transfer to another Market date?
No. The only exception to this is if you are sick or if the Market is cancelled due to inclement weather.
Any request for a refund on the basis of injury or illness must be supported by a medical certificate (to be emailed to email@example.com)
What are the Market hours?
The monthly Market is held from 8am until 3pm. Set up time for stall holders is from 7.00am. Night market is held from 4.30pm until 9pm.
Where is the Market located?
The Market is an outdoor event. It is located on the Village Green & Mosman Square, at Spit Junction (map (56.5KB)).
Do I need a gazebo or Market umbrella for the Market?
A gazebo or Market umbrella may assist you to shelter your products if the weather is inclement. The size for a gazebo is 2.4m x 2.4m for Art & Craft stalls. Please note that gazebos of 3m x 3m are for Food stalls requiring electricity at the Market.
Is furniture or equipment available for hire at the Mosman Market?There is no furniture for hire at the Mosman Market. All stall holders must provide their own furniture and equipment for the Market.
In order to manage significant outdoor public events in a way in which the benefits to the people of Mosman are maximised whilst potential negative impacts are minimised, Mosman Council has developed a special events policy and operations manual:
- Sustainable Event Management Policy (316KB)
- Special Event Management – Policy Statement & Operations Manual (782KB)
- Guide and Sustainable Event Management Plan for External Organisations (197.4KB)
All events of over 50 people must abide by the Sustainable Event Management Policy and complete the Sustainable Event Management Plan.