Sustainable Outdoor Events
A variety of outdoor events are held in Mosman such as fairs, fun runs and walks, sporting events and performances.
Outdoor events under 50 people do not require approval or notification to Council.
All events of over 50 people held on land owned by or managed by Council must abide by the Sustainable Event Management Policy and complete the Sustainable Event Management Plan.
- Sustainable Event Management Policy (316KB)
- Special Event Management – Policy Statement & Operations Manual (782KB)
- Guide and Sustainable Event Management Plan for External Organisations (197.4KB)
For outdoor events over 50 and under 250 people, please refer to Bookings for events of more than 50 people.
For outdoor events over 250 people, Mosman Council‘s Special Events Policy and Operations Manual applies and the event is considered as a Special Event. If the Special Event is to be held on land owned by or managed by Council, an Application to Conduct a Special Event is to be completed and approval gained.
For Application to Conduct a Special Event and other forms in conjunction with special events, please refer to Council's Fees and Forms page.
Please note for processing of event applications, the minimum period required between lodgement of an application and the staging of an event is as follows:
- A event over 250 people and under 1000 (Minor special event) – 3 months
- A event over 1000 people (Major special event) – 6 months
For events over 250 that is held in or through Mosman but not on Council land, please notify Council of the event details.