Our youth volunteering programs are a great way for young people aged 14 – 18 in high school to get involved in the community, develop new skills and hang out with like-minded young people. Many students use the program to contribute to their Duke of Edinburgh Award, Service Learning in the Community or CAS service commitment with weekly meetings being held at the Youth Development Centre. Volunteering programs run in roughly ten-week cycles, commencing at the beginning of each school term. Each program requires a commitment of at least 80% attendance from participants.
Vocal Rewind (Music and Events) volunteers are involved in organising and running live music events, View Finders (Environmental Sustainability) plan environmental campaigns and projects and F.R.E.S.H. (Food, Recreation, Education, Society and Health) take a holistic approach on wellbeing using food as platform for connection. For more information go to www.mosmanyouth.com.au.
Watch our short video on Youth Volunteering and Social Impact:
- Tuesdays (Vocal Rewind) 4.30pm to 5.30pm
- Wednesdays (F.R.E.S.H.) 4.30pm to 5.30pm
- Thursdays (View Finders) 4.30pm to 5.30pm
Volunteers should be:
- Willing to learn
- Ready to have fun
- Develop skills in leadership, practical problem-solving, team work and events management and campaigning
- Build relationships with young people from different schools and/or universities
- Take part in skill development workshops
Contact the Youth Services Team
- Youth Services Office – 9978 4013
- Youth Services email – email@example.com