Council has two categories of rates, Residential and Non Residential.
Land values are supplied to Council by the Valuer General for rating purposes. These values are revised approximately every 3 years.
Eligible pensioners may be entitled to a rate rebate. Council offers a voluntary rebate to Australian Service Veterans who do not qualify for a pensioner rate rebate. Please call Council’s Rates Section on 9978 4140 for more specific information.
Rates can be paid in full or by installments. Installment due dates are the same each year being 31 August, 30 November, 28 February and 31 May. Rates can be paid:
- online, using the Commonwealth Bank's secure BPOINT facility ,
- at any branch or agency of Australia Post using either cash, cheque or EFTPOS,
- by mailing the remittance advice slip together with a cheque,
- by using your banking institution’s B-PAY facility, from either your cheque or savings account, and quoting the biller code and customer reference number on your rate notice, or
- by telephone (1300 276 468) with credit card (American Express, Mastercard or Visa) quoting customer reference number on your rate notice, or
- in person at Mosman Civic Centre using either cash, cheque, EFTPOS or credit card (American Express, Mastercard or Visa).
Credit Card transactions incur a service fee. 1% by Mastercard, Visa and American Express cards.
How often is your land valued? How is your land valued? What is happening this year?
Please refer to NSW Land & Property Information - Valuation .