Mosman residents are welcome to use parks and reserves for a catch up, get together or picnic for up to 50 people without charge.
Bookings for the Rotunda (fees applicable) are highly recommended as the Rotunda is a popular venue for weddings and private functions and is regularly booked.
We would ask that you advise Council of the venue, date and times and a contact in case there are any other bookings or functions. We request you also comply with the same Conditions of Use that apply to paid bookings.
Bookings are essential for outdoor areas for organised events of more than 50 people. A booking and permit is also required for legal ceremonies such as weddings, naming and christening ceremonies and corporate functions.
A fee applies to cover reserve maintenance, and a cancellation fee is charged for all bookings. All requests must be received in writing, and special conditions apply for some events. Whilst making a booking ensures reservation of an area, it does not preclude public use of reserves at that time. If booking an area and erecting a marquee and/or amusement device, additional fees and conditions apply. Note also Council‘s Smoke Free Zones.
Enquiries to Council‘s Venue Coordinator.
For further information and relevant forms: Sustainable Outdoor Events
For out-of-hours enquiries about use on the day, contact Mosman Council‘s Rangers. For wet weather enquiries call the Oval Management Hotline on 9978 4136.
Application forms can be submitted for bookings up to 12 months in advance from the first business day of the requested month, subject to availability. For example: a booking for 12 September 2022 can only be submitted from the first business day in September 2021
For events with more than 250 people, Council approval or notification to Council is required. For further information and relevant forms: Sustainable Outdoor Events
Location: near cnr The Esplanade & Mandalong Rd
Description: A small white circular formal outdoor Rotunda is set amongst beach reserve garden. The Rotunda is popular for wedding ceremonies.
Facilities: toilets located at Bathers Pavilion & or Tramshed; marquees are not permitted in or near the Rotunda; few steps up to Rotunda; street parking is available along the Esplanade, side streets or closest car park is located at the southern end of Balmoral which is Pay & Display; there is no special pick up and drop off areas for Wedding cars, there is a No Parking zone behind the Bathers Pavilion driver must remain in the vehicle this allows up to 3 minutes to pick up and drop off; STA public bus service bus stop located opposite the Tramshed Bus stop.
Location: Balmoral Beach, near cnr The Esplanade & Mandalong Rd
Description: A small island accessed over bridge and up steps from Balmoral Beach. Landscape of lawns, bushland and rock outcrops. This is another popular location for wedding ceremonies.
Facilities: toilets located at the Bathers Pavilion; marquees are not permitted; not suitable for disabled access; street parking or Pay & Display carpark located at the southern end of Balmoral beach; public bus service; no alcohol permitted between the hours of 9pm-6am daily.
Location: The Esplanade
Description: harbour beach, grass areas with picnic tables and setting and public baths, 2 netted swimming areas
Facilities: toilets located at Bathers Pavilion, Tramshed bus stop, behind pavilion at wharf, Balmoral Oval Pavilion; marquees are not permitted along the Esplanade; disabled access; tables and seating; small playground located near the Wharf; walks; street parking; public bus service; kiosks at Bathers Pavilion or wharf, restaurants and shops along The Esplanade.
Location: southern end of Balmoral Beach opposite Coronation Ave and oval, accessed by car park
Description: beach and large grassed area and shade trees
Facilities: Bicycle track, playground located near wharf, picnic tables and seating; car park (Pay & Display); volleyball net permitted on beach at most of southern end; fitness circuit around outskirt of Balmoral oval 631.25m track; two playing fields, two synthetic wickets, cricket nets, night lighting on playing fields;wharf (accessible by private ferry); toilets located at Balmoral Wharf or Balmoral Oval Pavilion only; disabled access; marquees and amusements permitted at 2 locations.
Location: McLean Cres
Description: large undulating grassed area and shade trees; access to harbour beach (no net) no view of beach from grass reserve
Facilities: toilets; disabled access limited; street parking and carpark (Pay & Display); small children’s playground; marquees and amusements permitted at 3 locations; Council has licensed an operator to sell light refreshments at this reserve
Location: Morella Rd
Description: large flat grassed area and shade trees; harbour pool, can view water from grass reserve
Facilities: toilets; disabled access; tables and seating; street parking and carpark (Pay & Display); large children’s playground; basketball court; marquees and or amusements permitted; walking tracks; wharf (accessible by private ferry); not accessible to buses over 6m; Council has licensed an operator to sell light refreshments at this reserve; dog exercise area allowed off leash.
Mosman Council does not take bookings/reservations for the covered picnic tables at Clifton Gardens reserve.
Please note the car park gate at the Morella Road entrance to Clifton Gardens Reserve will be locked at 9.30pm and opened at 6am each day. A service for after hours opening of the gate will be available for $92.00 including GST.
Location: Curlew Camp Rd
Description: small grassed area and shade trees
Facilities: toilets; disabled access; table and seating; small carpark and street parking; bridge to area restricts tall vehicles/large buses accessing car park; playground; swimming (no net); walking tracks; marquees and or amusements permitted, Council has licensed an operator to sell light refreshments at this reserve.
Location: Spit Road, northern end of Spit Bridge
Description: grassed area and shade trees
Facilities: toilets; disabled access; tables and seating; carpark (pay & Display); public bus service; marquees and or amusements permitted (map). In summer (October – March) Junior Cricket is played on Saturdays, pitch available other times; during October – December netball is played at Spit West reserve, area line marked between October – December; in winter Junior Soccer is played, area marked in winter (April – August). Pearl Beach also accessed from Pearl Bay Avenue, small area used for weddings.
Location: Harnett Ave
Description: large open reserve and adjoining bushland
Facilities: no toilets (closest block is at Mosman Wharf 200m away); disabled access; seating; playground; street parking; public bus service; marquees and or amusements permitted (map). Childrens’s playground; junior cricket pitch used in summer (Oct-Mar) on Saturdays.
Location: Brady St
Description: passive recreation park with ornamental gardens, grassed area and gazebos
Facilities: no toilets; disabled access; seating; street parking; public bus service, no marquees or amusements permitted; no alcohol permitted between 6.30pm to 10am 7 days per week.
Conditions of use of Council reserves depend upon the size and nature of the function and include, but are not limited to:
- Application forms can be submitted for bookings up to 12 months in advance from the first business day of the requested month, subject to availability. For example: a booking for 12 September 2022 can only be submitted from the first business day in September 2021
- Area must be left clean and rubbish removed. For bookings and organised functions, bins can be prearranged – minimum 2 bins per 50 persons.
- No amplified sound or music (includes CD players or similar).
- Functions to finish no later than 10pm.
- Vehicles (including wedding cars or caterers) and horse or ponies are not permitted to be taken onto Council reserves.
- Areas booked are not roped off, however signs in all Council reserves indicate areas can be booked.
- Marquees and/or Amusement devices can be erected only in specified areas.
- Marquees and/or Amusements are to be erected and removed during daylight hours only – set up no earlier than 7am and dismantle no later than 8pm.
- Care must be taken where underground irrigation systems exist.
- No trees, shrubs or vegetation to be removed, lopped or damaged.
- No disturbance or inconvenience is to be caused to the public.
- Selling of refreshments from commercial vehicles is not permitted.
- Council does not disapprove of the consumption of alcohol as long as it is undertaken in a responsible manner.
- All public toilets are open during daylight hours only.
- Council cannot guarantee the environs of the area as reserves are at times subject to public work.
- Special permits are required for ceremonial fires or fireworks, marquees or amusements e.g. jumping castles.
- Gas only BBQs are permitted in Council reserves. In the event of a total fire ban contact NSW Fire Brigade on 1800 679 737.
- Some of the above reserves are dog exercise area.
- Council does not permit bubble soccer and laser tag/nerf gun activities on any Council land due to safety reasons.