Local Government Election – 4 December, 2021
Residents are reminded to ensure their details are up-to-date with the NSW Electoral Commission ahead of local government elections on Saturday 4 December as voting is compulsory. Changes and new enrolments must be received by 25 October 2021 at 6pm.
People who would like to work at the elections can now submit an application through the NSW Electoral Commission’s ‘expression of interest’ website. Applicants can work on the day, Saturday 4 December, in a polling place, or for longer periods in a returning office or in one of the pre-poll voting centres.
Information regarding the election including key dates for potential candidates to enrol is available on the NSW Electoral Commission’s website.
The roll of non-residential voters will close on 25 October 2021 at 6pm.
You are eligible to vote as a non-resident in the Mosman local government area (LGA) if you are:
- an owner of rateable land in the Mosman LGA
- an occupier or rate-paying lessee of rateable land in the Mosman LGA
You can only vote once within an LGA, regardless of whether you are enrolled on the residential or non-residential roll.
Further information concerning eligibility for inclusion on the non-residential roll is available at the NSW Electoral Commission.
Forms for both individuals and joint/several, corporate or trustee owners, occupiers or ratepaying lessees to claim inclusion on the non-residential roll are available below or by contacting our Customer Service Team:
- Form for individual owners, occupiers and ratepaying lessees
- Form for nomination of an elector by joint/several, corporate or trustee owners, occupiers or ratepaying lessees
Information on Elections
- Council elections are held every 4 years.
- The first popularly elected Mayor took office in 2012.
- The Deputy Mayor is elected by the members of the Council for a period of 12 months.
Council elections were gazetted to occur in September 2020. However due to COVID-19 the elections were postponed until September 2021 and postponed again until December 2021.
For more information about NSW local government elections, including the final results of past elections, click here.