Household Clean Up
What to do with unwanted household items?
Batteries, printer cartridges, fridges, light globes and even the kitchen sink can all be recycled for free! View Council’s A to Z of waste disposal for full list of easy recycling options, or call Council on 9978 4076.
Council currently offers the following household clean up collection services:
|Service||Collection Frequency||Bin Type & Size|
|Clean up||Pre-paid||not applicable|
Pre-paid Clean up service:
- Last collection for 2019 will be Monday 23 December
- Last booking must be received before Friday 20 December
- Service recommences 2 January 2020
Australians send 1.2 million mattresses to landfill every year. Many mattress materials can be recycled at the end of their useful life. Examples include: foam, cotton, steel and wood.
Recycle your mattress free at your next Council clean up.Here’s how:
- Find your next household clean up date here
- Place the mattress beside your clean up pile for easy collection and recycling
Customer requests and additional services
Report a missed service
Please call Council’s Waste Line on 9978 4076.
Request an additional clean up collection service (pre-paid)
If you have excess material and can’t wait for your free bi-annual clean up collection service, you can arrange for an additional collection by booking a prepaid service. Payments for prepaid services may be made by contacting Council’s Waste Line on 9978 4076 or by visiting Council’s Civic Centre.
Cost: Please refer to Council’s Fees and Charges for cost of service.
2 working days’ notice are required. Where the volume exceeds 3m3 an additional charges apply.
Note: Do not place items out for pick up until the night before collection,
Metal and non-metal clean up materials are collected from the kerbside in separate vehicles to maximise the opportunity for recycling and reprocessing the metal material.
Doors must be removed from refrigerators and freezers.
- Place metal items such as bike frames, whitegoods, and clotheslines in a separate pile to be recycled
- Clothes can be donated to charities by placing them in the charity bins located in Mosman
- Mattresses can be recycled through Kimbriki – 02 9486 3512
Check the e-waste page for e-waste recycling drop off dates.