Heritage Assistance Fund
Heritage Fund applications are open all year round. Please contact Evan Matthews on 9978 4154 for any inquiries.
Council can offer small dollar for dollar grants of up to $5000 per Heritage Item and up to $1500 for properties located within a Heritage Conservation Area under the Mosman Local Environmental Plan 2012.
Applications are assessed and dealt with throughout the year. Please note: Works which have been completed or commenced before approval of Fund application will not be accepted.
You are encouraged to apply for funding through the Mosman Heritage Fund if your property is Heritage listed or it is located within a Heritage Conservation Area and you plan to do maintenance work or to reinstate missing original features – such as fences, verandahs and decorative details.
- Heritage Fund Application Form (267 kB)
How to apply for the fund
Applying for the fund is easy!
- Fill in an application form. Download here from the website or pick one up from Council.
- Get two quotes from registered tradespersons.
- Take a few photos of the proposed areas of work and setting of the building.
- Owner’s consent will be required if the applicant is not the owner.
- Send the application form and accompanying documents to email@example.com or to PO Box 211, Spit Junction NSW 2088.
Please note: Some projects may require a development application to be lodged for the proposed works to be undertaken. Council will advise you if this is necessary for your nominated project.
Should you require any further information contact the Urban Planning team on 9978 4154.
Previously funded projects
Previously funded projects include fencing, repainting in heritage colours and repair of timber joinery. Other projects suitable for funding include maintenance or reinstatement of missing original features on heritage buildings such as fences, verandahs or decorative detail.